Sunday, September 19, 2010

Making friends in Montana...or making family...

I have been here a day and a half now, and already God is moving. I have been blessed with such amazing roomates! We also have a great group of students and staff here, and it's so exciting. God is amazing (as He always is) and has already been speaking to me and I can't wait to see what else He does.

This weekend has really been a time to settle in and get to know people! Of course we played mafia last night in my room with a bunch of friends. We also learned how to play knucklebones (which is similar to jacks) and I was horrible at!!! We have enjoyed our walks and some times of worship and lots of fun adventure already! This morning a group of us walked to church together and joined a great congregation for their service. Then a bunch of us walked down to the lake, and yes...we did it...we did the unthinkable (mind you it has been chilly here)....we went swimming!! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FREEZING! I don't get cold people, but this was freezing! I am talking skin-numbing, tingling, shivering, COLD! But it was so so very fun!! There were about 7 of us who jumped in and about...6 who watched! Such a fun thing to do! Then it was dinner time so we warmed up and enjoyed our evening. It's so great to meet so many people from around the U.S. and the world already! I can't wait to continue this journey!!! I am tired though and school starts early tomorrow -
so goodnight world!!

Oh wait ...I have seen for real cowboys...like boots, belts, hats, and all...and I think we are having like a hoe down this week or something! WELCOME TO MONTANA WORLD!

1 comment:

  1. I need an update girl! :) Sounds like your having a blast. Don't forget to play signs! :) How was Welcome to Montana Night? Love you! Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete